Here's a quick quiz on the subject. No prizes for getting them right, just the kudos of being a Carry On anorak!
So here we go:
1. Which favourite Carry On supporting actress filmed the role of Mrs Putzova for Carry On Matron which was sadly cut from the final print?
2. Who filmed the role of a barman for At Your Convenience which never saw the light of day?
3. An infamous scene involving a wardrobe and Charles Hawtrey was filmed for 1961's Carry On Regardless. Which well known actress also appeared in the scene eventually deemed too hot for the audience of the day?
4. Which Carry On actor had an entire performance cut from a boardroom scene in the classic Carry On At Your Convenience in 1971?
5. Which actress had her role in Carry On Camping dramatically cut back?
6. One of the best known Carry On supporting actors filmed a role for Carry On Abroad that didn't make it into the final film. Who was the actor and what was the name of the character?
7. Which Carry On favourite had most of her role in Carry On Henry removed from the script because it was deemed too serious and not right for a Carry On?
8. A former star of many television sitcoms allegedly filmed a role for Carry On Doctor, but it didn't make the final cut. Who was she?
9. Why were scenes cut from the final print of Carry On England?
10. What was the name of the censor who reigned supreme during the time the Carry Ons were in peak production?
Submit your answers in the comments section below. Good Luck!
Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.