Wednesday 4 November 2015

Carry On Fan of the Week: Callum!


It's time once again to meet another Carry On Fan of the Week! This week, it's over to Callum  who tells us why he loves Kenneth Williams, Joan Sims and why his favourite film in the series is Don't Lose Your Head!

What was the first Carry On film you ever saw? 

I believe it was Carry On Doctor when I was quite young.
Who is your favourite Carry On actor and why? 

It has to be Kenneth Williams, the range of characters he played in them coupled with his unique voices and mannerisms was a big contributor to the films. I also find his life fascinating if not quite sad. One of a kind.


Who is your favourite Carry On actress and why? 

Joan Sims. So versatile and such a funny lady. I really wish I had met her.
Who is your favourite Carry On supporting actor? 

Esma Cannon.
Have you ever visited any Carry On film locations? 

I have been lucky enough to visit Pinewood several times.


Have you ever met any Carry On actors? 

Yes, quite a few. I used to go to the special events they held at Pinewood and met many there including Leslie Phillips, Angela Douglas, Fenella Fielding, Jack Douglas, Valerie Leon, Lance Percival and the late Peter Rogers to name a few. More recently I met Jim Dale in London after his one man show earlier this year.
Do you have any Carry On memorabilia? 

Lots. I am a collector as well as a fan. I have over 140 autographs including a full set of signed Carry On DVDs.
Finally, what's your all time favourite Carry On film? 

Carry on Don't Lose Your Head.



Many thanks once again to Callum. If you would like to be one of my Carry On Fans of the Week, all you need to do is email your answers to CarryOnFan15@gmail.com 


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan 

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment