Thursday 17 November 2016

Happy Birthday Fenella Fielding!


Today marks the birthday of a very special lady. Many happy returns to the fantastic, fabulous Fenella Fielding! Fenella is an icon of British film comedy, mainly thanks to her unforgettable starring role in Carry On Screaming.

Fenella is still very active on the fan circuit - attending conventions, screenings and festivals to meet fans. I met her myself back in 2012 at a special screening of Carry On Screaming and I'm delighted to confirm she was warm, welcoming and incredibly sweet. She does seem incredibly proud of her association with the Carry Ons and I'm sure we're all very glad about that.

So to celebrate the great lady's birthday, here are some classic clips of Fenella in action!

First up, one of her appearances on the wonderful Morecambe and Wise show:



And here she is performing a Music Hall classic on The Good Old Days in 1977:


Now one of my favourite clips - Fenella making a rather dotty, yet successful appearance on the BBC radio panel game, Just A Minute. And yes, those dulcet tones in the background do belong to the gorgeous Kenneth Williams!


And finally, I can't finish this celebratory blog post with a clip from the brilliant Carry On Screaming:




Whatever Fenella is up to today, I hope she has a very happy birthday!


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan

No comments:

Post a Comment