Saturday 13 October 2018

Listen Again: Bernard Cribbins on The Danny Baker Show


There was an absolutely smashing interview with Bernard Cribbins on the BBC Radio 5 Live Danny Baker Show this morning. I only caught it half way through but it was a total delight and well worth listening to again on 'catch up'.

Bernard was on to promote his recently released autobiography Bernard Who? 75 Years of Doing Just About Everything. I'm already half way through it and I can't put it down. Get it now or order it for Christmas! Anyway, Danny's interview with Bernard was wonderfully warm, witty, funny and full of fantastic stories and clips from Cribbins' incredibly long and diverse career.

Bernard talked about making records in the 1960s, some of his stage work over the years and film appearances in the likes of She, Carry On Jack, Dr Who and of course, The Railway Children. I've said it before and I'll say it again, listening to him I just can't believe Bernard is nearly 90 years young. He puts the rest of us to shame.



The show should be available to listen again online shortly after broadcast and you can find it here

You can read more about Bernard's autobiography right here

You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment