Tuesday 19 January 2016

VOTE Carry On Blogging at the UK Blog Awards!




As you may have seen over on Twitter, I have entered Carry On Blogging into the Arts and Culture category at the 2016 UK Blog Awards. Although this site has only been going since March I thought I would try my luck!

I have absolutely loved my Carry On Blogging journey so far. When I started the blog at the end of March this year I had no idea if I would even still be writing it in the run up to Christmas, never mind entering for an award. The awards begin with a public vote in January 2016 which is followed by a shortlisting process. This is where you, loyal Carry On Blogging followers come in. If you enjoy my little blog, I'd absolutely love it if you would vote for me. You can vote for me on the UK Blog Awards Website and you can vote more than once!

Why do I think I should be shortlisted? 

Although this blog is purely a hobby, it is a source of complete joy for me. It must be, because since the end of March I've written over 500 blogs! What started as a small uncertain venture is now a blog with over 75,000 hits and a Twitter feed with over 3000 followers. 

Since I started the blog I've celebrated the wonderful Carry On Forever series on ITV, written about my trip to see Jim Dale live on stage and I've blogged about meeting the gorgeous Anita Harris and Amanda Barrie. 

I've also run several polls on the blog, asking you to pick your favourite Carry On supporting actor and most recently, your favourite of all June Whitfield's many celebrated performances. I now run a regular Carry On Fan of the Week blog and it's always great to hear from my regular readers both in these blogs and through the wonderful world of Twitter. More recently I've started posting guest blogs and I love these too.

I wouldn't get half as much pleasure out of running this blog if it wasn't for all you lovely fellow Carry On fans, so thank you for supporting the blog this far and I hope you will vote for me in the UK Blog Awards this January!




You can find out more about the awards here 

Thank you! 

Please click on the link to vote for Carry On Blogging in the UK Blog Awards




You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment