Saturday 17 December 2016

Carry On Blogging Christmas Countdown: 17 December

 

And so, once again December is upon us. I'll be bringing you a daily dose of festive Carry On cheer each day on the lead up to the 25th. 

So every day I will bring you another cracking Carry On photo with a festive theme. They will probably all be rather naughty, but hopefully all quite nice. 


We're going way back to the late 1950s for today's festive photo. Joan Sims, as many of you will know by now, is my absolute favourite actress and the best of the Carry On bunch as far as I'm concerned. Following years slogging her heart out in regional rep, once Joan found fame through regular film and television work, she seldom appeared on the stage. However the 1950s saw her rise to the top as one of the most popular stars of intimate revue. She also regularly featured in galas such as the classic Night with 100 Stars charity events and even the odd panto. I'm not sure what production this is from, but she looks absolutely stunning I'm sure you'll agree.

What a Carry On at Christmas! 



You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Are you waiting for Christmas as much as we are? Check out this Christmas Countdown clock to know how many days, hours, minutes and seconds till Christmas.

    ReplyDelete