Wednesday 20 September 2017

Misty Moon Presents: Robin Askwith - An Evening with ... Tables and Chairs!

 
After a successful mini Summer tour earlier this year that saw Robin Askwith up and down the country thrilling audiences with his tales, everyone's favourite window cleaner is BACK at The Phoenix Artist Club for a one-off late night show.

This will be a showcase as we look forward to celebrating Robin's 50 year career next year. You can't have a Robin Askwith gig without Darth Vader,  Miriam Margolyes and Alan Lake getting a mention but there will much, much more. As always this isn't rehearsed and anything could happen! So come and celebrate the half century of Robin Askwith...

And after Robin's recent threat that if I didn't attend this gig, he'd never speak to me again, I can confirm that I already have my ticket booked and I can't wait to see him in the flesh (as it were). 

I had a terrific chat with Robin earlier this week when I asked him all about his early film appearances, his time making the films Carry On Girls and Bless This House and memories of co-stars such as Carol Hawkins, Sid James, June Whitfield and Judy Matheson. You can read Part 1 of the interview here and Part 2 here

 

Come and see Robin at The Phoenix Artist Club on Tuesday 10 October. Doors open at 8.45pm with the gig starting at 9.15pm. Tickets cost £15 and you can buy them here


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan on Facebook and on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment