Thursday 7 May 2015

The funniest Carry On gag ever?


I tweeted this clip round earlier this week but I thought it deserved a little blog post all of its own. I absolutely love Carry On Abroad, it is right up there with my very favourite Carry On films. 

Abroad features a stunning cast of regular Carry On actors, all on top form. It also features some cracking guest stars with the likes of June Whitfield, Jimmy Logan, Carol Hawkins and Ray Brooks all joining in the fun. The Carry On films were often much more about the situations, the actors involved and the performances, rather than gags and quick fire lines. However Abroad features an absolute corker which I think is a serious contender for the funniest moment in any Carry On film.



It's just a beautifully played, wonderfully funny scene with Sid, Joan, June and Kenneth all on top form. Sid and June's timing coupled with Kenneth's hilarious reaction make it just perfect!

So what do you think, is "I tried it once and didn't like it" the best Carry On gag ever?

You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.




3 comments:

  1. Best gag to me ..Up the Jungle ... Joan says to Frankie 'well I'm cool now, night draws on you know' frankie replies 'oh how sensible of you to bring a pair !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I remember it well!

      Delete
    2. I also think that scene from Abroad is one of the very best Carry On moments ever. No matter how many times I see it I laugh. I particularly like Kenneth's reaction as he tries to hold back his laughter. June's look is also priceless. Hilarious!

      Delete