Friday 8 May 2015

What's your favourite Joan Sims Carry On character?


Joan Sims was my favourite actor in the Carry On team. I honestly think she was the most versatile performer they had. She played every role that was given to her with such relish and enthusiasm and over a twenty year period she went from student nurse and saloon bar owner to Lady Ruff-Diamond and Zig Zig! Quite a range!

So what is your favourite Joan Sims character from the Carry Ons? Do you love her as Belle in Carry On Cowboy? Do you think she was best opposite Sid James in the likes of Camping, Convenience or Abroad? Did you like her best in a costume romp such as Don't Lose Your Head or Follow That Camel? Or did she make her mark best as the saucy gym mistress Miss Allcock in Carry On Teacher?

I want to throw this open to you now - get in touch and tell me what's your favourite Carry On character our Joanie played? You've got a mammoth 24 to choose from so get thinking!

Get in touch with me by leaving a comment here on the blog, on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.

4 comments:

  1. My favourite Joan was Marie of Normandy, in Henry.......Eeeet iz merely ze GAAAAAALICK I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite character was Joan as Cora in Abroad. She was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joan was great in Abroad - brilliant partnership with Sid!

      Delete