Wednesday 2 September 2015

Carry On Fan of the Week: Zoe!


In the latest of my Carry On Fan of the Week blogs, it's over to Zoe to find out why she loves Sid James, Joan Sims and why Carry On At Your Convenience is her favourite film in the series...


What was the first Carry On film you ever saw?

Carry On Camping

Who is your favourite Carry On actor and why?

So, so hard to pick a favourite actor and actress! I love Sid James.




Who is your favourite Carry On actress and why?

Probably Joan Sims because of her versatility and brilliant acting and comic timing.

Who is your favourite Carry On supporting actor?

Peter Butterworth. I loved his jittery performance in Carry On Up The Khyber.

Have you ever visited any Carry On film locations?

No. I would love to go to Pinewood one day.




Have you ever met any Carry On actors?

I have. I met Leslie Phillips after a performance at the Chichester Festival Theatre almost 20 years ago. We'd gone as it was my 21st birthday and to meet him afterwards was amazing! He was lovely and very polite. He told me my name means life. I have seen Barbara Windsor in panto but didn't meet her, sadly.

Do you have any Carry On memorabilia?

I don't but as well as all the films, I have many books and biographies about the Carry Ons and their stars.

Finally, what's your all time favourite Carry On film?

Carry On At Your Convenience. Although at the time it wasn't the most popular of the series, I think the characterisation and acting is spot on throughout. I love the way the story pans out and all the subplots within such as Sid and Hattie's budgie predicting the racing winners. Love it!




Many thanks once again to Zoe for taking the time to submit her answers. If you fancy having a go, please email your answers to carryonfan15@gmail.com



You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment