Friday 18 September 2015

Carry On Female Friendships



In another of her wonderful guest blogs, Coronation Street Blog editor Glenda Young discusses her favourite female friendships in the Carry On films...

I’m honoured to have been asked to write a guest blog post for the Carry On Blogging site. I’m no Carry On expert, but I know a funny film when I see one and I’ve been a fan of the Carry On films since I was a child. 

Here then, are my personal favourite Carry On female friendships.


Carry on Cruising 
All the single ladies (all the single ladies). Sorry, I digress. I loved the friendship between Gladys (Liz Fraser) and Flo (Dilys Laye) as went on a cruising holiday to find romance and love.

Carry on at your Convenience
Marianne Stone (Maud) and Joan Sims (Chloe Moore) worked wonderfully together, supporting each other on the factory floor.



Carry on Camping
Joan Sims (Joan Fussey) and Dilys Laye (Anthea Meeks) look to be having as much fun as friends off set as they were when filming. These two as married friends in Camping were dynamite together. 

Carry on Abroad
Sally Geeson (lily) and Carol Hawkins (Marge). Two young women bonding together to keep each out of harm’s way of any unsuitable men they make encounter overseas.



Glenda Young
Editor, Coronation Street Blog 


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment