Sunday 31 July 2016

My Carry On Blogging Year so far

 

It's not normally very British to blow your own trumpet (Matron!) however I wanted to do a little blog post as a round up of Carry On Blogging highlights so far in 2016. It's been quite a year and I've loved every minute of it!

I'm thrilled that the blog has now received nearly 160,000 page visits since I set it up in March 2015! July this year was the most visited month so far with nearly 17,000 views!

The blog Twitter account now has over 5,500 followers and 200 of your have "liked" my Facebook page. Thank you to everyone who tweets, follows, likes and comments - it's always great to hear from you!

I marked what would have been Kenneth Williams' 90th birthday in February with a special week of blog posts celebrating the life of the great man.

 

I have published a series of blogs covering each of Joan Sims' 24 Carry On performances, giving my own opinions on the roles she played.

I have started a project of blogs running through some of the lesser known Carry On supporting actors in an A - Z feature.

I have cast the net out far and wide for a range of guest blog posts to bring in different opinions on the Carry On films. I have several lined up for the next few weeks so stay tuned for that!

I visited the London Film Convention earlier in the Spring where I had the great pleasure of meeting Carry On actors Jacki Piper and Fenella Fielding. You can read about that here 

 

One of the biggest developments this year has been the start of my Carry On Blogging interview series. So far I have interviewed several Carry On actors, authors and interesting folks connected to the series and British comedy:

- I interviewed the lovely Angela Douglas - you can read that here 

- I caught up with the delightful Valerie Leon to discuss her new Forever Carrying On show - you can read that here 

- I interviewed the wonderful Jacki Piper - you can read that here 

- Carry On writer and historian Robert Ross answered my questions and celebrated twenty years since the publication of The Carry On Companion here 

- I learned more about Steve Lilly's wonderful British comedy art work when I interviewed him - read that here

 

- I asked the brilliant Simon Sheridan all about his book Keeping The British End Up and the saucier side of British film comedy here

- I found out more about the fantastic Sid's Place blog in an interview with Stuart Ball - you can read that here

- I recently interviewed screen legend Fenella Fielding about her new audio book of memoirs - you can catch up with that here  

- Only the other day I published an interview with Odysseas from the superb Art and Hue, celebrating the best of British film and television in Pop Art! You can read that here

And there's plenty more to come! I'll be blogging interviews with the lovely Judy Matheson and Peter Reed from BBC Radio 4 Extra over the next few days with hopefully a few other surprises up my blogging sleeve.

A huge thanks to everyone who's kindly taken the time to answer all my questions - it has brightened many a day and been completely enjoyable. 

Finally, a massive thank you to everyone who reads my blog. I only do this as a hobby and your kind comments and observations keep me going even when the chips are down and I think I'm too tired to Carry On! 



You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment