Friday 21 October 2016

Carry On Blogging's 1000th Blog!

 

So this is my 1000th blog post. When I started blogging about the Carry On films in March 2015 I had no idea if I'd last a week, never mind 18 months and 1000 posts. It's quite shocking to think that I can write so much about the Carry Ons and their stars. Although it's not really, given how much I love them.

I watched my first Carry On at the age of 8 and it was all thanks to my mother and a bargain bin of Cinema Club videos (remember them?) in Woolworths (again, remember them?) If memory serves me right, the first one I watched was Carry On Matron. As a child, the innuendo and double entendres went straight over my innocent little head. I just loved the bright, colourful pantomime of it all. It was camp, light and the characters just bounced out of the screen.

And they still do. Nearly sixty years after the first Carry On was made, we still love them. We are still enchanted by the comedy performances of the vast number of comedy actors (never, ever comedians!) long after many of them have sadly left us. And for those who wonder why I write so much about films that stopped *proper* production nearly forty years ago and stars, many of whom have long departed this mortal coil, well I stand by my original goal with the blog - I want to write about them, encourage conversation about them and help celebrate them to keep their wonderful performances and their collective legacy alive and flourishing. As simple as that.

Of course I haven't written it all by myself. So a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the blog. Whether it's been an interview, a guest blog, a comment on the blog, a tweet, a like, a favourite, a retweet a share or whatever else the internet allows us to do:  Thank you! It has thoroughly enriched my blogging experience! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who have helped, encouraged and made it always a pleasure, never a chore:

In no particular order, thanks to:

Ben Peyton, Jason Figgis, Morris Bright, Alison Freeman, Glenda Young, Francoise Pascal, Jean Diamond, Simon Hayes, Fenella Fielding, Callum Phoenix, Simon Sheridan, James Briggs, Christopher D Lewis, Sherrie Hewson, Simon McKay, Jacki Piper, Sally Geeson, Adam Endacott, Steve Lilly, Sarah Miller Walters, Paul Ross, Emma Hynes, Judy Matheson, Angela Douglas, David Barry, Odysseas Constantine, Stuart Ball, Madeline Smith, Robin Askwith, Stuart Morriss, Valerie Leon, Robert Ross, Robert Jervis-Gibbons, Louise from Joan Hickson Fans, Peter Reed, Laura Mayne, Jessie Wallace, Ruby Haider-Smith and Suzie from Suzie Speaks Blog. 

Apologies to anyone I missed out! 

And a massive thank you to each of my 6000+ followers on Twitter. It's great to interact with you all and long may it continue.

 

So here's hopefully to another 1000 blogs on all things Carry On!


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment