Saturday 7 November 2015

Guest Blog: My Top Five Favourite Carry On Drag Queens!


My esteemed blogging colleague Glenda Young has contributed another lovely guest blog for Carry On Blogging. This time, Glenda shares her top five favourite Carry On drag performances. You can check Glenda's favourites out against mine in my blog post from some months back. 


-----

Graeme, who runs this wonderful site, blogged about his top 5 favourite carry on drags earlier this yearhttp://carryonfan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/what-drag.html and you can read that here.  

I agree with Graeme that there’s nothing funnier than a big daft man dressed up as a woman for comedy effect in a Carry On film and thought I’d share my favourite five drags too. 

It seems the more burly and rugged the man, the funnier they are in drag, hence Sid James appearing twice in my list.  My choices are slightly different to Graeme’s choices…  hope you enjoy them! 

Carry on Matron
Bernard Bresslaw 



Carry on Screaming
Peter Butterworth



Carry on Don’t Lose your Head
Sid James   



Carry on Up the Khyber
Charles Hawtrey and Peter Butterworth


Carry on at your Convenience
Sid James



Thanks Glenda!

If you would like to submit a guest blog on anything at all Carry On related, all you have to do is email your piece to carryonfan15@gmail.com - I look forward to hearing from you! 


__

Editor, Coronation Street Blog – written by Corrie fans for Corrie fans, and Corrie.net - the internet's first, original Coronation Street fan site
Download the App | Follow us on Twitter: @CoroStreetBlog | Like us on Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan

1 comment:

  1. Bernard was always hilarious dragged up and I think the actor quite enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete