Wednesday 11 November 2015

June Whitfield at 90: Classic Clips!


As we celebrate the wonderful June Whitfield's 90th birthday today, I thought I would share some of my favourite clips from her long and illustrious career. There is so much to choose from from the past eight decades of superb performances, but here goes!

First up, the unforgettable theme music from one of her biggest television successes, Terry and June:



Now a truly bonkers novelty record from 1971 featuring June and the late great Frankie Howerd in a comedy version of the classic track, Je T'aime. Their version was called "Up Je T'aime and was even banned by the BBC!



Next up, here's June on scene stealing form in an early episode of Absolutely Fabulous:



Now another bizarre moment in June's long career: Starring with Frank Muir in a short film for Unilever in 1971. I give you, A Tale of Two Microbes!


And finally, June's involvement in one of my all time favourite Carry On scenes. Altogether now, I tried it once and never liked it! June as Evelyn Blunt in Carry On Abroad:



You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan 

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.


No comments:

Post a Comment