Thursday 10 December 2015

Carry On Blogging Christmas Countdown: 10 December



And so, once again December is upon us. This will be my first Christmas at the helm of Carry On Blogging so I wanted to go all out, bringing you a daily dose of festive Carry On cheer each day on the lead up to the 25th. 

So every day I will bring you another cracking Carry On photo with a festive theme. They will probably all be rather naughty, but hopefully all quite nice.

To celebrate the 10th December I bring you a lovely photo of the legend that is June Whitfield. June has a long history of taking part in classic Christmas pantomimes up and down the country, dating as far back as the 1940s alongside Wilfred Pickles! The photo above, featuring June as the Fairy Godmother is from a much more recent production, probably at Wimbledon alongside Roy Hudd in the early 1990s. 

Sadly June has now retired from the annual festive pantomime but she'll always be my favourite Fairy Godmother! 

What a Carry On at Christmas! 


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan 

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment